- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Are you a designer with an obsession for precision, a fascination with data, and a desire to make the complicated approachable and understandable? Are you the best designer you know, but not a jerk about it? Are you always hunting for cool designs and animations, and want to collaborate with people who share your passion? If so, we should chat.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create beautiful and engaging visual assets for new and existing applications
- Develop compelling visual identities from the ground up for data visualizations, infographics, sites, communications, and applications
- Define thoughtful, clear, intuitive UI systems
- Collaborate with designers to develop and extend our design language
- Collaborate with engineers to help make the branding easy to implement and understand
- Bring fresh ideas and inspiration to a diverse team of creative personalities
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring:
- 4+ years experience in visual design, branding design, or user interface design
- Experience and love of designing Infographics and/or data visualizations
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Highly creative, with exquisite taste, and a discerning eye for nuances and subtlety
- Excellent communication skills – able to grasp concepts, follow directions, organize information, and turn thoughts and ideas into legible visuals
- Solution-oriented, team-spirited, quick learner, ambitious, but not narcissistic
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment (Agency, Start-ups)
- Bachelors degree in UX/UI, Design, or related field
- Portfolio Required
Key Skills for this role:
- DATA VISUALIZATION
- COLOR THEORY
- USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- VISUAL DESIGN
- USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
- DIVERSE TEAM
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- UI DESIGN
Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.