Assistant Marketing Manager - Experiential Marketing/Events
This is a super exciting Marketing-Experiential/Events role based onsite in SF, 40 hours/week within the global beauty space. This is a very high profile project and looking for someone that bring prior corporate, creative events experience along with polish and passion for beauty!
Our Marketing organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether supporting our digital initiatives, planning our loyalty program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, writing copy, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make the beauty world feel like it’s theirs—and our place as the industry leader. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
As the Assistant Manager of Experiential Marketing, you will play an integral in developing and executing experiential marketing strategies and programs, including offsite events, consumer engagements and other marketing extensions. This newly created contractor position will bring key stories to life and deliver creative experiences that foster lasting relationships with our consumers. This position will work across several cross functional departments internally and with external stakeholders to deliver against business objectives while carefully tracking projects, planning and executing experiential events, building relationships, and analyzing results.
The Assistant Manager of Experiential Marketing will also act as a project marketer on client key event platform – - providing proactive consultation for internal and external business partners throughout program development and execution while driving service standards and seeking opportunities to enhance user experiences. Reporting to the Director of Experiential Marketing, you will also work closely with the VP of PR, Store & Experiential Marketing on this high visibility project.
In the role, you will:
• Plan and mange program timelines and all program logistics.
• Lead IT, Loss Prevention and Store Operations on event project management, logistics, and training ensuring
• Manage event production logistics with brand and event agency partners, respond to partner questions, and route assets to the appropriate channels and event leads
• Influence across all levels to ensure existing and future programs including, Sephoria, have consistent brand identification, strategy, awareness, and the highest quality experience
• Manage event gratis and giveaway logistics
• Oversee complex logistical elements of programs including attendee management, travel, transportation, technology platforms, vendors and AV.
• Contribute to the creative design of each event environment to achieve business goals and purposes that align with company culture and marketing initiatives.
• Travel onsite to programs to ensure continuity and exceptional business partner service
• Function as a thought partner in experiential marketing while remaining a student of consumers (trend, culture, etc.) and the company’s competitors to mine insights and monitor opportunities
• Manage post-program deliverables and coordinate post-event attendance feedback, internal partner feedback, and other ROI metrics for company records.
• Co-manage agency partners
• Employ a strategic approach to process; organize and divvy up work effectively
• Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in event management, hospitality, marketing, or related fields
• Minimum 4-5 years of event management experience (preferably corporate events or agency)
• Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a highly cross-functional and matrixed team
• Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with ability to effectively prioritize
• Creative self-starter with can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach
• Personable and flexible with demands and changes in extremely fast-moving business environment
• Excellent technical skills – MS Office (specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience developing, planning and executing conferences of 1000+ people; trade show environments a plus
• Experience in event marketing, sourcing, planning, executing, and evaluating programs with precise detail in a deadline-driven environment
• Beauty, fashion and/or retail experience a plus
• Exceptional client and vendor management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel as required – for main event onsite activation only.
You’ll love working here because:
• The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
• The business. It feels good to win –