JOB SUMMARY: Associate Creative Director
The Associate Creative Director works with the Creative Director to help set the direction, style and methodology of the creative group. The ACD leads the design team through a variety of creative branding initiatives, managing projects from start to finish across multiple Corparation brands. The ACD must possess significant experience and practical expertise in branding, strategy, and visual design, as well as a high competency for managing a large, interdisciplinary team on the most complex of projects. The ACD contributes to the overall goals of the brand, and works with the CD to strengthen partnerships with the brands.
Education and Experience Preferred
- • BFA or BA in graphic design
- • 8+ years of relevant professional experience in branding (substantial branding agency experience preferred
- • Prior track record of development of outstanding creative, with a deep understanding of brand building around hospitality
- • Experience leading and managing world class design work, and the development and implementation of large and complex creative initiatives
- • Experience with large photoshoots and building brand photography libraries
- • Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational and time management skills, and a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- This is mostly PRINT based, Digital experince is a bonus
- The ability to jump in and do hands on, but looking for this person to be more high level and direct
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Motivates and inspires passion within creative team to produce innovative, compelling work of the highest standard
• Oversees multiple projects across multiple Marriott brands globally
• Leads and manages work and projects from initiation to completion
• Prioritizes, organizes, and ensures completion of projects on schedule
• Gives clear, constructive critique of staff work that is both strategic and creative to facilitate an exceptionally high standard of output
• Review creative work developed by design team for strategic integrity as well as to ensure that brand and creative-quality standards have been achieved.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders
• Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities; executes business priorities from a creative standpoint
• Participate in creative presentations to internal colleagues as well as clients—effectively representing concepts and solutions to influence sell-through to clients.
• Manage workflow and delivery of materials executed by assigned design teams
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of up to associates
• Regularly monitor individual and team performance, providing objective, applicable feedback in compliance with The Corparations performance management practices.
• Provide constant management, mentoring and talent-development opportunities to team members