AQUENT is partnering with an exciting organization here in Richmond, VA to find their next Content Writer. Are you a grammar snob who loves writing long-form, engaging content? Then this is the role for you!
Who are we?
Our content marketing team is focused on delivering compelling and valuable digital content that will enrich people’s lives and influence the perception of our brand.
What are we looking for?
We’re hiring a writer for our digital content marketing team. You’ll concept, write and edit original articles that educate and entertain readers while influencing the perception of our brand. The ideal candidate should have experience writing and editing long-form content. We’re looking for the right mix of writing and research/interview skills, marketing know-how, and creativity.
The person in this role will:
* Pitch compelling article ideas grounded in our overall content strategy.
* Research, conduct interviews and write articles ranging in length from 600 - 4,000 words.
* Understand tone, brand voice, brand guidelines and how to adapt editing/writing style for a variety of outlets.
* Copyedit for grammar, typos, AP style, and brand’s editorial standards.
* Fact-check content and ensure content complies with legal and PR guidance; incorporate feedback quickly.
You should contact us if:
* You have a passion for reading, writing and editing feature articles.
* You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented.
* You’re excited about content, marketing, and branding.
* You have strong presentation skills, are able to communicate both tactically and strategically, and can defend creative choices.
* “I’m silently correcting your grammar” is your favorite quote.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing, Journalism or related field
* 5+ years of professional writing and editing experience
* 3+ years of marketing and branding experience
* Previous experience with journalism or long-form communications
* Expert understanding of writing for SEO and web-specific constructs (ADA compliance, etc.)
* Previous experience working in a fast-paced corporate marketing environment within a regulated industry (like finance or healthcare)