Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer – UX Team
We are looking for a Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer who can help create next-generation computer-human interactions to enhance customer-facing voice assistant initiatives.
You have experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products.
You push the boundaries of user experience, technology and design and are enthusiastic about the future of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
You have an informed set of core values regarding customer experience and have the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
You’ll work with a highly collaborative group of UX designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to identify user patterns, establish scenarios, translate insights, define user contexts and design conversations that align to business objectives and help customers successfully and meaningfully interact with voice platforms.
In this role you will:
• Be the voice of the user - balancing product requirements, business objectives and reality.
• Work with multidisciplinary teams (from prototyping through product integration) to conceptualize and develop solutions to connect audiences with voice experiences that will delight and inspire.
• Work with partner teams to create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface design specifications.
• Develop high-level and detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas.
• Define and extend voice personas across multiple digital and mobile platforms.
• Develop and advocate voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand-experience.
• Keep up with the rapidly evolving field of design for voice, consistently bringing new ideas to the team.
Strong VUI Designers come from many different backgrounds. Some come from experience design, writing/journalism, or voice-user interface (VUI) design -- others from fields like anthropology, applied psychology - even playwriting.
We’re hoping your story includes the following:
• Experience in human-computer interaction and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Experience in interaction design, machine learning, AI information architecture or related UX design.
• A degree in a field related to human centered design, writing/rhetoric, anthropology, computer science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience with Google Home, Alexa and related voice platforms.
• Ability to grasp the essence of complex design problems and user pain points and translate them to practical design solutions.
• Experience in designing and fine-tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars.
• Experience validating ideas and designs.
• Experience with prototyping tools for voice apps.
• Enjoy working closely with teammates from a variety of disciplines.
• Experience collaborating effectively with creative teams.
• Graphic/visual design experience a plus.
• Content strategy or copywriting experience a plus.