- Richmond, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 organization in Richmond, VA on a long-term opportunity for a Content Editorial Lead. If you’re a grammar fanatic, who loves long form copyediting, and is comfortable in a leadership position, then this role is for you!
Who are we?
Our content marketing team is focused on delivering compelling and valuable content that will enrich people’s lives and influence the perception of our brand.
What are we looking for?
We’re hiring someone to lead editorial content creation on our Content Marketing team. You’ll help create and edit strong creative pieces that help influence the perception of our brand. The ideal candidate should have experience editing, writing, leading a team of writers and managing an editorial calendar. We’re looking for the right mix of editing skills, writing skills, project management skills, marketing know-how and creativity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The person in this role will:
- Edit long form content for digital channels
- Copyedit for grammar and typos
- Understand tone, brand voice and brand guidelines and adapt editing/writing
style for a variety of outlets
- Understand the importance of creative strategy and how to use it to create
- Pitch ideas grounded in our overall content strategy
- Research and incorporate feedback quickly
- Manage the editorial calendar
- Manage the schedules and deadlines for editorial content creative team
- Guide work through the review and approval process
- Manage documentation of approvals, consent forms, and images
- Provide constructive feedback and work with writers to push the creative
- Write long articles and copy as needed
You should contact us if:
- “I’m silently correcting your grammar” is your favorite quote.
- You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You’re excited about content, marketing and branding
- You have a passion for reading, writing and editing feature articles.
- Candidates must pass an editing and/or writing test, plus an online creative portfolio containing demonstrating proficiency in writing long form content must be submitted with resume.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years of professional writing & editing experience for a regulated industry (like finance or healthcare)
- 3+ years of marketing and branding experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced corporate marketing environment
- Previous experience in project management
- Previous experience with journalism or long form communications
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR