- Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Rosner
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is searching for a Marketing Consultant to work an ongoing assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week in Woonsocket, RI.
This position will play a critical role in the development of the store experience and marketing strategy for the introduction of an innovative new service offering in 300+ retail locations. This role is critical in representing the consumer and helping them become aware and make a confident choice to adopt this service through signage, digital tools, and other awareness/traffic driving marketing tactics.
- Create an inspiring shopper journey for customers, both in-store and online for this unique retail experiences.
- In partnership with the Insights team, you will be accountable for unlocking customer insights about how shopper behavior is changing and leveraging those insights to develop hypothesis – continually learning and optimizing the shopper experience.
- Identify the target consumer groups, grounded in data, whom should be the target consumers for specialty format retail environments
- Leverage insights from a variety of internal and external data sources, outline key shopper journeys for these experiences, particularly outlining the decision making points and pain points that our retail experience design needs to consider
- Drive the creative brief process, in partnership with Merchant and Creative designs, to ensure design experiences that optimize consumer decision making and revenue
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver experience strategy on time and on budget
- Once experiences are in a prototype phase or live environment, continually understand consumer NPS, barriers to trial, and barriers to retention to outline optimization plans
- Build Marketing strategies, routed in data, that are designed to get the consumer into tailored retail experiences and get them moving more of their retail trips to these store
- Outline the most ROI positive way to engage consumers
- Once strategies are developed, ensure they can be operationalized and scaled, with flawless execution
- Partners with other Marketing teams to integrate, where it makes sense, with other communication in market, versioned for these unique retail experiences
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver marketing campaigns on time and on budget
- Mentors team to articulate roles and responsibilities, sets accountability and provides feedback on performance.
- Aligns with business partners and customer analytics on KPIs. Partners with Customer Analytics to establish program measurement plans and reporting.
- MUST have retail experience
- 8+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding.
- 6+ years cross-functional leadership experience.
- 4+ years of retail marketing, CPG, or retail agency/strategy experience – brick and mortar retail experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external business partners in delivery ROI positive results.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Intellectual curiosity and rigorous analytical experience; strong familiarity with the in-store retail environment
- Strong knowledge of the best use of digital technology to resolve brick and mortar shopping pain points for the consumer
- Self-motivated, high capacity individual who can win in a demanding, performance-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills that can be effectively articulated in both written and oral forms across a diverse audience base.
- Creative problem solver who can incorporate new learnings and act decisively, knowing when to involve leadership and when to move the ball forward
- Deep appreciation of end-to-end consumer shopping experience
- Proficient use of financial metrics/ratios to evaluate business cases and develop actionable insights
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate with, and influence business partners
- Proven track record of growing and developing a high performing team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred. Ideally, an MBA.
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s innovations within their Retail Loyalty & Personalization program and Healthcare Services offerings is a standout characteristic. Their leadership, competitive edge and innovations within their businesses and markets is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!