- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Stipes
Seeking a highly organized, motivated and detail oriented college graduate/entry level to join our Communications team as a paid Extern in New York City. The one-year program provides a hands-on immersive experience that will provide a solid foundation for a career in communications.
The Communications team creates storytelling opportunities and develops programs to connect with and inspire consumers around our core products and the brand/culture. The ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail, strong writing skills, and a solid understanding of media and what constitutes newsworthiness. It is essential that candidates possess stellar written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously. Passion for storytelling is a must.
- Supports communications activities
- Proactively pitch media (traditional and new)
- Develop meaningful relationships with key press and creators
- Monitor, analyze and collate news clips
- Assist with the development and writing of a wide range of materials such as blog posts, briefing sheets, Q&A's and talking points
- Assist with the logistics and execution of key events.
- Create media lists, reference grids and other supporting documents
- Collaborate with fellow externs and members of the Communications team on a variety of projects and tasks
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully
- Ability to suggest new ideas and take initiative
- Passion for social media and online communication a plus
- Previous intern/externship experience in communications, media, journalism or marketing a plus
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- BA or graduate degree in communications, marketing, business, political science, public policy, international relations, journalism or equivalent preferred
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.