This is a permanent, direct hire role, on-site in San Francisco.
Our retail client seeks a passionate, team-oriented Hybrid UX/UI Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to help shape the user experience design for the website, the app, and the retail stores. The UX Designer helps to realize the strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences.
This role works on the check out page, the self service portal and fullfillment team so purchase/transactional experience is helpful.
Your desire to create simplicity out of complexity will serve you well in this role.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
• Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel
• Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity
• Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
• Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups based on business goals and user research.
• Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
Education / Experience:
• Experience: Minimum 2 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Education: BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Strong analytical and conceptual UX design skills.
• Knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; knowledgeable of user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
• Ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that demonstrates design solutions for complex problems.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
• Negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment.
As the fastest growing part of the business, our ecommerce channel is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, it is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at our client have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. wWe are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, we are reaching new heights.