We are seeking an Employee Communications Specialist for a long term (12+ months) temporary role with one of our valued clients in the oil and gas industry.
• Day-to-day management and coordination of employee communications channels including quarterly newsletter, leadership videos, talking points, mobile app channel, websites, employee town hall meetings and others.
• Develops and leads the implementation of an employee communications strategy for the business.
• Uses research and analytics tools to determine the effectiveness of employee communications and adjusts accordingly to continuously improve communications effectiveness.
• Creates effective, consistent and timely messages and content for communications channels. Provides relevant content to be shared in corporate level communications.
• Keeps communications practices current/best-in-class by researching new and emerging tech tools and their application.
• Support change management communications related to corporate or business unit level initiatives.
• Supports external/community relations activities as needed.
• Proven ability to manage the production of digital and print communications channels. Ability to research, write, copywrite and proofread communications including intranet stories, newsletters, leadership talking points, PowerPoint presentations, email campaigns, social media.
• Working knowledge of AP style and the most effective content styles based on channel type.
• Ability to convey complex technical information in simple terms. Ability to glean what information is the most applicable to a given audience.
• Provide consultative direction on in-house client deliverables as required for communication projects, from one-off materials development to multi-media campaigns.
• Experience in managing teams of vendors and employee volunteer content providers.
• Self-motivated to implement plans. Ability to work with wide latitude for independent judgment and personal responsibility for project success.
• Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment where decisions and work products are completed with short turn-arounds. At the same time, must be able to adequately plan for longer-lead assignments.
• Strong and demonstrated organizational and project planning skills, with a keen attention to detail
• Demonstrates ability and willingness to contribute to an environment of openness and trust, consistent with company values, and allows others to contribute to their full potential.