· Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 year of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture
· Knowledge of retail interior design standards
· Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
· Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using vlookup function, SUM function, creating simple pivot tables, setting borders, setting, column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print
A large portion of this role involves data and categorizing data from retail stores across the nation. This work will entail logging and organizing data gathered from the store planning team - will also need to be able to jump in and double down on design when the team is in a pinch, that said, must be a store planner.
Responsible for executing assigned work consistent with the Company Unified Design Standards for stores. Complies with quality control procedures. Develops knowledge building architecture, interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
· Help us to develop a holistic view of formats within our portfolio
o Review individual store layouts and, utilizing our format encyclopedia as a reference, document existing formats for all components within our store – i.e. Front register format, photo format, # of gondola runs, stock SF, building size, etc.
o Create a master data source (excel) to capture the store formats
· Weekly reporting on progress and risks to goal deadlines
· Provide format summaries for misc. requests while assessments are in progress