Aquent's nonprofit client is seeking a Manager or Director of Integrated Marketing & Communications for a direct hire role located in the Westchester area of Los Angeles.
Do you dream of using your digital marketing skills to help real people globally?
The Director of Integrated Marketing leads their primarily digital marketing efforts. In this role, you’ll provide leadership for a 4-person team and be responsible for driving growth in three key areas: revenue from donations, new volunteer sign-ups, and brand awareness. You’ll work across the entire customer lifecycle including acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention.
The Director of Integrated Marketing sets the strategies for and drives the execution of multi-channel campaigns targeted to the clients two key audiences: Donors and Volunteers (both current and prospective). The successful candidate will have deep experience working across paid, owned and earned channels to drive measurable results tied to defined KPIs. While the majority of the marketing efforts are digital, some familiarity with print, events, broadcast and public relations is needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate a balance of art and science in his or her approach – You’ve got a mind for strategy and analysis, an instinct for great creative, and an understanding of the connection between them.
The rapid growth is built upon their unique business model, and more importantly on the grit, talent, and commitment of their people. The culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a shot. Every day is a challenge, but every challenge brings opportunities to help disaster-affected communities when they need it most. They are looking for a marketing leader with demonstrated ability to adapt, overcome and achieve in a fast-moving, fast-growing, startup-like environment. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
What you will do:
- Create marketing plans and provide detailed KPI sets, forecasts, results, and analyses; lead the development of the overall marketing strategy
- Develop campaign briefs to set the strategy, channels, budget, creative approach, and metrics for success for integrated marketing campaigns
- Efficiently acquire new customers and engage existing customers through email, SEM, SEO, display advertising, social media, external partnerships, and other marketing programs
- Develop an in-depth understanding of their customers and use this to drive marketing results
- Provide leadership for the Marketing Team; coach, mentor and develop team members
- Collaborate with other departments to meet shared goals; apply the Marketing Team’s capabilities to achieve organizational objectives
- Collaborate with external partners such as major corporate donors and other nonprofit organizations
- Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all marketing activities are efficient, effective and scalable
- Work with their Technology Team and Marketing Analytics lead to develop and evolve our marketing database
- Develop reporting mechanisms to generate insights and drive decisions around customer acquisition costs and lifetime value
What you have:
- 8-10 years of strategic marketing experience within an agency in a direct-to-consumer business with a strong brand and digital presence
- Track record of leading small teams and developing direct reports
- Experience with analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of customer growth, conversion and engagement
- Experience working directly with the creative team to develop high-quality work that enhances the brand and drives marketing results
- Results-oriented, solutions-oriented, self-starter with a track record of excellent results in a fast-paced environment
What you need:
- Thoroughly familiar with digital channels including email, paid social, organic social, SEO, SEM, website, landing pages
- Ability to generate actionable customer insights in collaboration with our Marketing Analytics lead
- Deep understanding of how storytelling and creative drive the brand and contribute to marketing results
- Ability to fuel the creative process by providing strategic and audience-based inputs to the creative team
- Service-oriented mindset and track record of cross-functional collaboration with other business units and external partners to achieve shared objectives
- Data-driven approach coupled with the willingness to act with incomplete information
- Demonstrated understanding of segmentation methodologies and their application in marketing campaigns
- Vendor selection and management
We are only considering candidates currently located in Los Angeles. This is an onsite opportunity the client will not consider remote talent.