- El Segundo, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heather Preston
Looking for product management generalists that have appreciation for working with external partners. Streaming experience and/or experience in direct to consumer digital media (music, subscription services, gaming, etc.) is strongly desired.
Ideal skillsets include:
• Lead the creation of streaming products and features from ideation all the way through value case analysis, deployment and management.
• Strong collaborator especially with partners external to the organization. Be a BD focused PM.
• Digest external partner requirements negotiate best experience for customer while preserving business value and work with product development and engineering organization to create new video experiences.
• Strategic thinkers – should be able to understand a complex evolving streaming video landscape (DIRECTV Now, Apple TV+, Disney+, Netflix, Hulu Live etc.) and identify product opportunities.
• Have understanding of P&L drivers and having a disciplined approach in advocating margin accretive product opportunities. Should be able to build business cases to support roadmap.
• Build and manage product integration roadmaps.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – role has visibility with leadership across internal and external organizations and ability to message succinctly is paramount.
Top 3 Must Haves
1) Understands the Streaming content industry & how it works, Understands what the companies are trying to accomplish.
2) Must have a curious, entrepreneurial mindset. Will work independently and tackle problems with out being told to do so.
3) Business & financial acumen. Understands a P&L statement, how a decision could impact it, etc.
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.