Join the Canadian Marketing Team for an exciting opportunity as a Communications Manager.
We’re looking for a masterful storyteller that will be responsible for translating our brand, product, and customer stories into compelling content that engage external media and influencer audiences. The successful candidate will report to and partner with the Senior Communications Manager, working closely with our external PR agency, our social media manager, global comms team, as well as key leaders throughout the business to drive the PR strategy and deliver on campaign KPIs.
With over 3.6M subscribers, this client is already the world’s leading cloud accounting solution. Join us and you’ll collaborate in a quick-thinking, fast-acting, ever-changing environment. You will have the opportunity to implement your ideas and grow your area of the business and in the process, we hope you will do some of the most rewarding work of your career.
- 3-5+ years of communications / media storytelling experience in agency or in-house.
- Skill in strategizing and executing campaigns for product launches and brand campaigns.
- A track record of delivering strategies and techniques for communicating news and information to audiences in a way that inspires, informs and galvanizes action.
- Understanding and experience in social media, with an ability to seamlessly integrate with PR campaigns.
- Event experience working with external key talent, building presentations and managing media interviews to support our signature brand building event, QuickBooks Connect.
- Expertise in measurement and communicating business impact and outcomes to senior business leaders.
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results.
- Well-developed skills in building influencer (earned and owned) relationships.
- Establish cadence and channels for biggest impact, ensure all audiences, especially SMBs, know where we are going, and be informed of our product news and campaign narratives.
- Strong presentation skills. This role will leverage solid relationships with leaders and fellow marketers by driving recommendations and becoming a key partner.
- Outline, draft, edits or write a wide variety of external-focused materials including product narratives, leadership talking points and external presentations.
- Ability to manage agency deliverables and budget.
- Possesses sound business judgment to determine appropriate action when dealing with senior leaders.