Our Fortune 500 hospitality client is searching for a talented Digital/Social Art Director to work an ongoing assignment on the Brand Digital & Social Marketing Marketing team, on-location 40 hours/week in Bethesda, MD (Metro accessible)
The Art Director must excel in highly conceptual design and display an aptitude for strategic thinking and guidance. This individual MUST have experience with social media graphics and a strong background in the social/digital space!
- Organize and prioritize the creative process so the approval process will not be delayed
- Attend and contribute to tactical planning / brainstorming planning meetings
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects across multiple brands
- Shepherds concepts from pencil sketches or storyboards to finished content.
- Hands-on execution of concepts design within a full range of mediums, including video, editing, photography, static social assets, infographics, video, gifs, stickers, animations, and presentations.
- Ensure that creative meets brand guidelines and production standards, providing production support for internal/external partners, content creators, agencies, etc. to ensure consistency across all consumer touchpoints
- Manage asset library and oversee asset selection for digital and social channels.
- Edit creative / social assets for optimization across channels, ensuring consistent look and feel across assets (e.g. making gifs from preexisting video)
- Develop a variety of concepts for each assignment that display diversity between them—attacking the creative problem from different points of view while producing concepts consistent with the brand strategy.
- Consult on marketing briefs to ensure all content deliverables will be aligned to creative direction for the brand
- Consult on copywriting and copy development
- Lead the development of the holistic content strategy for assigned brands and work with Brand Marketing, Creative & Content team, and agency partners on content development and distribution.
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting STRONG social and digital work
- Previous experience with hands-on development as well as supervising external agencies and contractors to ensure that all collateral follows both brand and industry standards.
- 5-7 years of art direction and design.
- College degree in Graphic Design, Art Advertising, UX Design, or related field
- Experience with travel industry is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and advertising design execution + developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects
- In-depth and up-to-date understanding of design trends, industry best practices and innovation opportunities
- In-depth and up-to-date understanding of mobile platforms, devices and trends
- Experience or understanding of User Experience and best practices in web design
- Proven skill in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, international) in support of specific business priorities