The Associate Manager Response Marketing and Analysis is responsible for strategy, execution and analysis of Direct Mail and Collateral initiatives. This role is responsible for growing the customer file, increasing LTV and retaining accounts to meet or exceed Grainger’s financial objectives. The Associate Manager works cross functionally with digital, catalog and ecommerce channels to design, implement and test fully integrated direct response campaigns
Major responsibilities and duties: Circulation Planning/Contact Strategy
- Develop holistic circulation plan and contact strategy across direct mail and Collateral channels to promote customer growth and retention across all business segments.
- Maximize Return on Investment by evolving response marketing across the customer lifecycle by designing and implementing continual test and learn strategies to drive channel optimization
- Improve Data Quality by driving continuous improvement of data capture across online and offline channels and identify new methods to increase segmentation data
- Work with Finance and Analytics to develop appropriate financial profit and loss statements, recommend customer circulation/depth of file options to drive requisite campaign results based on the requisite ROI.
- Apply list segmentation, selection and forecasting of both customer and rental lists. Coordinate with list brokers and facilitate list ordering, if appropriate.
Data Driven Response Marketing
- Develop and maintain the multi-channel marketing campaign database, contact history and business rules engine leveraging key data assets.
- Work cross functionally with analytics partners to develop new targeting models and adapt current models to optimize marketing spend by targeting the right customer at the right time
- Manages data integration campaign process flow(s) and readiness as it relates to management of CRM collateral system including campaign software tools, data management, third party vendor management, data preparation and reporting activities.
- Planning throughout course of project, from concept, development, execution and evaluation, based on Foundational marketing strategy, budget, timeframes for all variable data and static collateral programs. Segment and leverage the marketing database for efficient and effective campaign targeting; generate and implement test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing.
- Writes functional business requirements. Responsible for building the marketing communications engine and marketing campaign database.
- Ensure logic is applied to ensure single customer relationship and application of general and program specific business rules
Measurement & Analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to develop measurement strategy for assigned programs and deliver final read outs for assigned programs.
- Leverage marketing databases and analytics tools to measure effectiveness of strategies, model new offers and monitor ongoing channel performance
- Aggregate and analyze customer data to refine and evolve customer segments, optimize marketing effectiveness and identify new channel opportunities.
- Work with Marketing Operations to design and execute new reporting, develop performance metrics, present findings and make recommendations to marketing team as they relate to existing marketing strategy.
- Lead the integrity of marketing data, getting database issues resolved as necessary, incorporating business rule changes, meeting meta data requirements and making other changes as required
Requirements: BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
5-7 years of experience in related field preferred.
- 5-7 years Integrated Marketing experience in large multi-channel organization
- Proven expertise and thorough knowledge of direct marketing metrics
- 3-5 years’ experience in circulation planning is essential.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, executing and analyzing integrated marketing programs across channels (digital and offline)
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills which allow for working with multiple levels of management across the organization.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Self-motivator and strong will to get the job done correctly
- Strong systemic thinker with track record of anticipating impacts across multiple channels, processes and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems architecture, interfaces, and reporting structures.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills required (SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Adobe Workbench, Microsoft Access and Excel). Demonstrated knowledge of systems architecture, interfaces, and reporting structures
- Proven ability to compile and interpret results to make recommendations to senior management
- Prior experience managing inventory, which demonstrates knowledge of inventory principles and distribution/fulfillment practices with emphasis in web to print.
- Knowledge of digital, sheet fed and web printing practices, as well as, mail standards is critical for this role.
- Experience with marketing automation (Adobe) and CRM (Salesforce) platforms
Impact on organization:
Work relationships • Who does this job partner with externally?
Consultants, Fulfillment and Print vendors, United States Postal Service, UPS
• Who does this job partner with internally?
Customer Growth Strategy team, Catalog Project Manager, Analytics team, Finance and Marketing Operations
Additional Job Requirements
Candidate should have experience managing Direct Mail programs.