This position is located within the Integrated Planning and Implementation (IPI) division in the Marketing and Communications Office and reports to the division director. IPI has a temporary need for full-time project management and intake management assistance for an undisclosed period beginning in April/May 2019.
Ideally this person would have some previous experience working in an Agile environment + Events Planning experience.
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
● Receiving and responding to new project requests for Marketing and Communications support; assists in translating project pipeline into a prioritized backlog reflective of Marketing priorities (intake process). Projects will be print, video, and web-based.
● Gathering information on assigned projects and creates a project schedule based on information provided by the project lead; helps project owners hone audience and goals
● Coordinates projects from start to finish, identifying project deliverables, developing schedules, ensuring the delivery of high-quality
● Brings projects to successful completion; facilitating road map planning, daily progress, work reviews, and retrospectives.
● Tracks the team’s progress against prioritized work. Ensures project teams have all necessary information to complete the project successfully; removes impediments for the team and client, and identifies risks to project quality.
● Continuously evaluates status, identifying actual or potential conflicts with agreed-upon schedules and/or scope or budget; coordinates, communicates and resolves such problems, facilitates their resolution, or elevates them for resolution.
A successful candidate would have demonstrated writing and editing experience in a professional environment as well as the following knowledge/skills:
● Knowledge of Smartsheet or a similar project management software is required.
● Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
● Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Ability to plan, organize, implement, and monitor assignments or projects, manage time, achieve deadlines; yet recognize and be highly responsive to changing priorities and
● Familiarity with processes, procedures, and/or best practices involved in the creation and production of print, electronic, and multimedia communications.
● Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with Agile project management methodologies and tools is preferred.
● Events Planning experience is preferred.