The Print Buyer position is responsible for coordinating the printing and delivery of participant communications and education materials/collateral to promote products and services offered by the Retirement Client Experience & Communications team of our financial client.
Please note: This position can be based out of Boston,MA or Pennington,NJ.
•Plan, direct, and coordinate all print production and related mailing activities
•Provide timely print estimates
•Ensure print schedules are achieved at print vendors and that printed products arrive in good condition.
•Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients.
•Monitor and drive outstanding creative solutions for better delivery results; make recommendations based on cost, quality, and timing
•Partner with fellow print buyers and other team members for quality assurance and timely deliveries of print materials.
•Manage relationships with outside vendors
•Partner with billing to complete all invoicing duties
•Assist with vendor contracts as needed
Summary of Position
Manage the day-to-day print and delivery phases of the job process to deliver communications to plan participants which promote products and services offered through a variety of plans. Attend kick-off meetings, work with the creative teams as needed during development of projects to identify print options, interact with Communication Consultants to clarify and obtain necessary information, supply print and postage estimates, work with outside print and mailing vendors, manage printer proofs, update EventTracker and Sharepoint, and work with production to ensure timely print schedules.
Core Knowledge Requirements
Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel are critical to the success of this position. Experience with Print Buying. Strength in Project Management or Traffic.
Complexity of Decisions
• Organize and continuously update status on all projects and notify team of changes.
• Juggle numerous projects and provide back-up support to other print buyers.
• Manage projects through to delivery and invoicing
• Keep jobs on track by maintaining timelines and working with Production.
Contribution/Impact on the Business
The Retirement Client Experience & Communications team experiences an extremely high volume of custom communication requests. Continued growth is forecast which directly impacts the need for quick response to these demands. The candidate will help us execute these communications and enable us to meet the deliverables under tight timeframes. In addition, this will result in client satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business management.
• Retirement or financial services industry experience including print buying, project management, and implementation in print environment
• Proven experience of 3+ years in print buying/purchasing/procurement
• Knowledge of mailings and postal requirements
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Superior organizational skills, creativity, and attention to detail
• Critical thinking and negotiation skills
• Proven effectiveness in fast-paced, demanding, client-driven environment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment including clients, designers, communications consultants, project managers, proofreaders, and management.
• Client relationship experience a plus.
Top 3 Must Have Skillsets Required:
Proven experience in print buying/purchasing/procurement
Knowledge of mailings and postal requirements
Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)