Our agency client is currently looking for a steller UX Director to join their agency!
We will only look at candidates who can commute to our office in Boston, MA or Portsmouth, NH.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading, managing, or providing senior experience design leadership on large and/or highly complex client engagements while ensuring profitable and high- quality output
- Leading or collaborating with visual experience designers, content strategists, developers and clients throughout a project lifecycle
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior management level of clients and clearly presenting your rationale to those people
- Acting in a long-term account directorship role to a set of primary clients
- Planning and expertly facilitating collaborative design workshops with clients
- Selecting and utilizing appropriate UX methodologies for a project such as, but not limited to, heuristic evaluations, content/IA analysis, user research tactics, collaborative workshops and user testing options
- Providing mentorship and coaching to other team members in area of expertise.
- Contributing to process improvement and idea generation within a Mad*Pow business practice area
- Demonstrating mastery of a given subject area by interpreting trends, identifying opportunities for the company, and collaborating with a wide cross section of internal employees on best practices
- Participating in discourse of professional community for their area of expertise
Experience and Skills
- 8+ years relevant experience user experience design roles
- In-depth understanding of current trends in experience design, including research-inspired design, lean approaches, responsive processes, etc.
- Expert understanding of experience design best practices and principles such as, but not limited to, accessibility, performance and usability considerations
- Familiarity with designing within a rapid iterative process, including various ways to prototype ideas for client approval
- Ability to explain and articulate the connection from research to design decisions through storytelling and effective client presentations
- Interest in and ability to smoothly facilitate client meetings and collaborative working sessions.
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate, able to effectively manage both yours and other’s time alongside project deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen understanding of how to work in a professional services environment that focuses on providing value for clients