Our client is a large financial institution located in Chicago, IL and they are looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to join their UX team for a 6+ month contract. This Senior UX Designer opportunity has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate, is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Our client is actively seeking an energetic and innovative Senior UX Designer to join a group that is embarking on a transformation into the fin-tech future of treasury services by incorporating emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products we create. The team, which sits within treasury services department, and serves corporate clients, leverages such technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry: treasurers, cash managers, financial specialists and others closely involved in the transaction origination, reporting and analytics, and cash and liquidity management. These users represent small businesses to large corporations, so the tools that are designed must add value while providing personalized experiences for simple to complex user needs. To do this job well, the team utilizes creative design-led techniques to help break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t. The team elevates UX not just to solve users’ problems but also to use design to steer the product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
The UX Designer will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. The Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed. The ideal UX Designer candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies.
UX Designer skills and interests:
• Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
• Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
• Has experience conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Understands the value of homing in on contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
• Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Can translate business problems and requirements into compelling UIs
UX Designer Responsibilities:
• Drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
• Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
• Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality
UX Designer Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of experience working as a user experience professional
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.