We are hiring a UI/UX designer for a global apparel compnay who manufactures and markets clothing for yogis, climbers, and world travelers in Carlsbad, CA. The UX Designer is responsible for sketching, wireframing and designing everything from marketing websites to robust user interfaces. Candidates need to have experience in: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Creating wire frames, Envision, Creating Prototypes, etc. And must have an online portfolio. The ideal candidate should possess inspiring and excellent user interaction and design skills, strong statistical and mathematical skills, familiarity with common UI design patterns and conventions, visual design skills, and have proven experience with information architecture. The candidate should also possess strong communication skills in order to provide design analysis and rationale to teammates and project stakeholders. Attention to detail and a strong design sensibility are essential. The position has direct and ongoing interaction and communication within the creative team, across eCommerce and IT Teams and other stakeholders. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate and convey ideas with creative designers and technically proficient web developers.
1. Work with web production, creative and other cross-functional teams to product final web assets for weekly and long-term deliverables
2. Work with front-end teams to design and deliver exceptional assets for all online experiences
3. Design high-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts to stakeholders
4. Create the visual design and UX/UI treatments for new and existing online experiences, across desktop, tablet, mobile and iOS, and ensure that they meet both business objectives and end-user expectations
5. Multitask and manage multiple mid & large size projects
6. Work collaboratively & iteratively with stakeholders, designers, and developers to execute and deliver a flawless end product.
7. Understand and troubleshoot Brand elements as they relate to a digital format, including: Copy/Imagery/Art/Illustration/General Style standards
8. Develop, implement and manage tests for Adobe Target, User Zoom and Optimal Workshop.
9. Be familiar with Site Analytics (Google Analytics) to help discern quality of work, changes and current interactions on the website.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Interaction Design, Fine Arts or equal combination of experience and education
- 5+ years in UX Design or related field
- 3+ years experience designing interactive experiences on various devices, responsive breakpoints and resolutions
- Portfolio of UX focused work samples
- Natural problem solver who loves handcrafting and designing exceptional user-focused, online experiences
- Exceptional Communicator; collaborative and influential
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software applications
- Hands on experience designing for eCommerce websites, responsive sites, and mobile applications
- A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had total creative control
- Knowledge of best practices for creating and optimizing web graphics
- Ability to empathize with a variety of website users
- Experience and understanding of mobile & iOS development, responsive design, SEO best practices, CMS, eCommerce, Social Media Integration and agile development techniques
- Initiative / Self-Directed
- Ability to build and execute on concepts
- Strong sense of design and illustration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility – ability to be flexible in approach and factor in a variety of opinions and expectations into work
- Speed and agility – ability to work in a fast-paced environment adhering to plans and adapting quickly to changes
- Strong attention to detail
- Teamwork, collaboration
- Ability to manage projects and assignments in collaboration with others
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to seat for extended periods of time within a typical office environment
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information and read
- Must be able to talk, express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person)
- Must be able to hear; perceiving nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with c-workers, customers and vendors.