This electronic store company is looking for a talented mid level UX researcher to support the UX Services team. The main function of a researcher is to define and conduct user research methodologies and objectives and take direction from the lead Design researcher. Usability research such as: heuristic evaluations, usability testing, co-creation, digital ethnography, etc. Planning, executing, and presenting results 1-2 projects per month and this brand is looking at innovative ways to gain feedback from the users of their site to directly impact the design and usability.
• Lead studies- create research test plans (methodologies and objectives), project timelines, screeners, test collateral (including scripts, screeners, reports), conduct research and create reports and toplines. Delegate work to the research assistant
• Aggregate macro findings
• Primarily conducts design research projects but learns user research so can take over work as needed
• Conducts Safaris, visits stores and other activities as required to better understand our customers
• Obtain insight from stakeholders on the needs they have in order to define the proper research method
• Assists, guides and delegates tasks to the Assistant Researcher
• Takes tasks that lead researcher delegates
• Monitor and update training materials and create new guides as required by lead user researcher
• 8-10 years of market research, user research, interview skills or design research
• Discovery interviews, contextual inquiry, storyboarding, storytelling, scenario mapping, co creation, ethnography, focus groups, field studies, low fidelity prototyping and other discovery methods.
• Should be familiar with personas, customer journey maps, quantitative research methods, usability testing and analytics.