- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our Fortune 100 client is seeking a Marketing Communications Strategist Consultant who is a hard-working, hyper-organized, get-it-done team player that knows how to juggle – strategies, campaigns, budgets, and timelines.
Sound like you? You’re making marketing your career. And the industry and brands you’ve worked on are definitely better for it. You owe it to those few years spent at an advertising agency, marketing firm or another similar opportunity. But you always look for ways to up your game. You’re a solid player who can work strategies, schedules, and budgets. And you’re an MVP when it comes to sharing ideas and opportunities, but you’re looking to do more. So you continue to sharpen your skills reading blogs and articles on the latest marketing trends – and you’re eager to share what you find. But most importantly, you understand that you’re part of a team. And that team works best when everyone works hard, works together and keeps their eye on the goal of developing world-class marketing.
A one-of-a-kind goal. Our client’s number one pursuit is to do what they can to champion and support the lives of their customers and clients – through brilliant marketing and communications, of course. They do that by partnering with Business Units, Product and Sales Organizations, and other important groups internally. And by working hard to make the brand, its products and services well known and loved by multiple audiences – to the point that their customers just can’t stop talking about them to everyone they know. The skills of their team are broad and deep, but never considered complete. That’s where you come in.
Your job – should the chemistry be great for both of us
It’s to be a communication expert responsible for building the messaging supporting their Pharmacy and Core Medical Solutions communications. You’ll collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts in the enterprise-wide marketing teams (Brand, Social, Digital, Research and Events & Sponsorships) and with the Creative Services partners to develop and execute effective marketing communication strategies. Driving all of this is your amazing ability to support the development of focused, differentiating messaging that will result in the execution of compelling campaigns. Did we mention timely, flawless and on budget? That's a given. As is a desire to constantly improve the results of all we do.
What we want you to do (duties and responsibilities)
- Work in close partnership with the Solutions and Pharmacy team and Business Marketing to ensure timely and flawless delivery of the communications plan for this Integrated Marketing Communications role.
- Ensure the timely and effective development and execution of the marketing communications plan(s), working with the senior marketing communications manager, and the marketing enterprise teams
- Formulate strategies and tactics that convey the most effective market messaging to target audiences.
- Develop creative briefs and partner with the Creative Services team including obtaining production schedules and budget estimates and working with copywriters and designers
- Secure final sign-off from subject-matter experts, project owners and legal/compliance
- Develop effective creative briefs and drive creative kickoff meetings
- Help drive effective and efficient production schedules and support established budgets
- Continually generate ideas and opportunities to innovate and improve the company’s competitive position in marketing communications.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current communication strategies and messaging and drive change as needed to properly support the channel and our clients and customers.
- Partner with Brand to ensure consistency of voice across business advertising/communications and leverage Brand campaigns to support business goals.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
What you should have to make it happen (education, experience and competencies)
- Bachelors Degree required in marketing, communication or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years in marketing, marketing communications, or advertising with specific experience managing communication strategies
- Prior experiencing developing messaging and integrated communications plans
- Broad understanding of message strategy development and communications and advertising approaches
- Past organizational account management roles in an internal corporate or external agency model is a plus
- Demonstrated competency in developing collaborative and consultative relationships with senior level executives, internal clients and outside agencies
- Strong business knowledge - objectives, competitors, market position, distribution.
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver, who exercises good judgment in resolving difficult situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment with changing priorities and requirements
- Detail driven, multitasking, deadline master
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience analyzing market needs, developing and successfully implementing marketing communication strategies that help achieve business objectives
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications as well as social networking resources
- Creative problem solver who knows how to exercise good judgment
Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start