- San Francisco, CA.
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Fusco
**MUST INCLUDE PORTFOLIO WHEN APPLYING**
This role is with the Plus product line and will include leading fit sessions with the respective Designer and cross-functional team by ensuring the technical, functional and physical fit are appropriately executed to achieve the design aesthetic. Effectively communicating to business partners and Global International Sourcing fit intent, balance and construction. Plus fitting experience not required but is desired.
• Expertise in understanding of physical fit; evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body.
• Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent.
• Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories.
• Lead fit session on live model or mannequin.
• Effectively communicate design’s fit intent to vendors for bulk production while maintaining corporate standards.
• Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
• Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec and construction.
- 4+ years expereince in apparel/garment technical design
- Expereince in pattern making, fittings and a good understanding of garment contruction and manufacturing.
- Proactive, collaborative and great communication skills
- Fluent in MS Office, PLM, Optitex 2D or other related tools.
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.