Are you passionate about creating innovative social media experiences and campaigns across multiple platforms? Are you a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategy and insight into powerful creative brand expressions? Are you able to motivate and inspire a cross-disciplinary team to deliver breakthrough creative? Are you passionate about connecting consumers with big brands through compelling storytelling in unexpected, authentic ways at each step of the consumer journey? Are you independently driven to find solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges rather than waiting for answers?
The Art Director, Offsite Customer Experience combines a passion for digital innovation, conceptual thinking, elevated design, elegant copy and flawless execution to drive engagement and e-commerce across multiple channels for the world’s leading brands. In addition to working with the creative team to execute strategic initiatives, this role will be responsible for building cross functional relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the development of more effective overall creative. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an unquenchable thirst for learning, experimenting and implementing new ideas and new media to help build credibility as an innovator.
• Leading a cross-discipline creative team to develop breakthrough campaigns/programs/assets with flawless execution
• Ability to interpret global and seasonal campaigns into hard-hitting social assets and experiential executions
• Partner with other leaders and capabilities in our in-house agency to leverage existing talent when needed to up-level the work
• Partner with external agency partners to ensure the work is brand appropriate, channel appropriate, best in class and delivers on the business strategy
• Position creative concepts in a way that answers the creative brief to present to leadership and stakeholders in persuasive, articulate and compelling ways — concisely and powerfully telegraphing the strategic objective
• Be self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovative creative solutions that engage consumers with our brand and drive e-commerce
• Be a courageous visionary, unafraid to purposefully push boundaries and take calculated risk
• Mentor junior creative resources and be a source motivation — through great times as well as difficult moments — to be an ambassador for the creative team and a consistent source of inspiration
• Work with creative resourcing to scope all creative phases of projects accurately; manage and direct in-house creative team (and agency partners, as needed) to ensure creative is delivered on time, on budget and within scope
Experience and requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in digital marketing at leading Agencies or on the client side and a comfort (and experience) leading both art and copy direction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, New Media or related field
• Experience leading innovative digital marketing campaigns with a strong focus on social and experiential offsite for Fortune 500 companies
• Excellent knowledge of social and ecommerce best practices
• An award-winning portfolio that represents a wide range of elegant, unexpected, holistic creative solutions that work seamlessly across multiple channels including social, experiential, video storytelling, display advertising, digital marketing for desktop and mobile
• Proficient in all creative software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects skills and Sketch)
• Expert working knowledge of social, experiential, brand development, interactive commerce and general creative process
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Professional and persuasive presentational skills
• Proven expertise in time and project management individually as well as for a team
• You are passionate about making the complex clear.
• You approach each design challenge through the lens of the consumer
• You are open to hearing and providing creative feedback in a respectful, actionable way that up-levels the creative and inspires the team
• You have a collaborative working style; focused on getting the most effective solution rather than your solution
• You are open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance
• You thrive in an ambiguous environment, remain flexible and calm under pressure and can switch gears quickly
• You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner
• You are detailed oriented and can find clarity despite ambiguity
• You are capable of leading and inspiring a diverse creative team of designers, writers and content makers