Social Copywriter -
As part of clients social copy team, you will bring brand voice to life across all of our channels. You will build and grow a consistent presence and top of mind awareness on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other channels, telling our story and connecting consumers with our brand.
First and foremost, you’re an exceptional writer with excellent creative ideation skills and a strong editorial point of view. You have the unique ability to maintain a consistent tone across multiple channels — in a voice that is both native to each channel as well as consistent with the brand. You approach every project through the lens of the consumer, considering each step of the customer journey, and can deliver the brand experientially. You’ll own the voice of our channels, lead the copy content creation and approval process, and will execute campaign and handle requests as needed. You are a quick study and will become well versed in the client's vernacular, marketing and creative strategies, brand voice, guidelines and consumer audience.
To succeed in this job, you must be an agile strategic creative and critical thinker, highly detailed, and a self-starter who can balance multiple projects with competing deadlines, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You should be well versed in social media content with a passion for staying at the front of social media trends and cultural references. You are bold and inventive, constantly looking for opportunities to amplify our social presence, capable of being scrappy when needed, and adept at leveraging existing assets to elevate the brand across channels. This role can be based in offices in San Jose or San Francisco.
• Execute on a content calendar to support the strategic and promotional content needs, aligned to critical business milestones including seasonal, promotional campaigns and cultural moments
• Concept and write on a daily basis for client-owned channels, ensuring flawless execution and voice and style consistency across all platforms
Content creation for social channels, through written creative assets that marry the brand with the appropriate tone of voice native to the customer journey in each channel.
• Collaborate with content makers to develop and execute strategically driven creative assets through the skillful use of prose and narrative devices
• Build engagement, connections and loyalty by creating consistent brand voice across offsite channels
Optimize social pages to increase impact, top of mind and visibility of brand content
Work with internal cross functional teams to advise and leverage social media opportunities
• Own high-profile projects from concept through execution, including being self-sufficient in overcoming obstacles with business partners and presenting to leadership when necessary
• Act as a proxy for the Art Director/Creative Director when needed
• Collaborate closely with makers, designers, photographers, marketers, the BU merchandising teams and external agencies
• Support and influence the social/content team’s traffic, performance and engagement goals
• Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas to influence the marketing and creative strategies.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years’ experience with an emphasis in social content (retail or e-commerce experience is a big plus)
• Strong knowledge of major social channels: functionality, copy best practices and more.
• Excellent copywriting skills; strong verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work seamlessly with quickly changing business priorities and tight deadlines
• Experience successfully partnering with various teams including Marketing, SEO, UX, Product, Design and Merchandising in a fast-paced editorial environment
• Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
• Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders while navigating healthy conflict to reach a consensus
• The skills you need to nail this job:
• Understand best practices for social media - best ways to use each platform and create successful, engaging content
• Concept, produce and edit mobile-first content for all platforms and target audiences, based on marketing priorities
• Strong art direction and design skills, comfortable concepting ideas and managing a campaign from concept to execution
• Strong visual sense and taste level, with an understanding of photo and videography principles for mobile-first content
• Solid understanding for the nuances of each channel and how to adapt and maximize content per channel; this includes proper file size, specs and copy adaptations
• Share responsibilities across building content calendar, platform publishing/ scheduling and copywriting
• Responsive and proactive planner; be able to turn content in real-time; Available for occasional off-hour (weeknights and weekend) deliverables
• Comfortable managing tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and impeccable attention to detail
• Manage a social content creator with copy expertise.
• Quick learner with resilience, speed and grace under pressure
• Can work independently or collaboratively with minimal supervision
• Creative, proactive and enthusiastic
• Passion, empathy and good emotional and professional intelligence
• Great sense of humor and ability to see work as fun