- Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
- Job Terms:
- $30-36/hour + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a dedicated & professional Copy Editor to join a team of creatives in Minneapolis. Get your red pens ready!
The ideal Copy Editor will have ad agency experience and will be a self-driven individual who thrives working in a highly collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity for someone with a few years of Copy Editing experience, who is ready for the next step of reviewing and over-seeing a few other team members.
For quick apply, email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy Editor Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in proofreading/copyediting
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or writing-related field, with a high proficiency in English skills of speaking, punctuation, and grammar
- Experience in marketing or an agency setting
- Knowledge of print and digital/interactive production (plus skill)
- Experience supervising team members
Copy Editor Qualities:
- Curiosity, a fire for excellence, and a passion for innovation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Basic understanding of interrelated aspects of marketing, advertising, design, and print production.
- Knowledge of print and digital production.
- Familiarity with style manuals and corporate brand standards.
- Deep knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Copy Editor Responsibilities:
- Oversees smaller Proofreading team.
- Motivates and mentors Proofreaders, helping them grow in their craft and broaden their experience.
- Revises copy to ensure meaning is clear, copy is easy to read and expressed in a logical manner, and is concise, consistent, and grammatically correct.
- Holds responsibility for all aspects of quality control in producing printed, online, and interactive materials. Serves as resource for information regarding brand and legal compliance, as well as matters of grammar and usage.
- Reviews and follows job instructions as defined in job management system.
- Proofreads materials for accuracy, job specifications, aesthetics, consistency, and adherence to corporate branding and legal compliance guidelines.
- Marks errors and inconsistencies in formatting and layout such as: quote and dash style, capitalization and punctuation within headings and lists, spacing, hyphenation, etc.
- Ensures documents have correct copyright, disclosure, logos, and service marks.
This Fortune 500, financial client has its foundation in San Francisco and provides legendary consumer and business services driven by generations of industry-leading professionals. For over 140 years, this multi-billion dollar institution has partnered with freelance professionals and experts to build a bank capable of thriving in the 21st century. With branches and offices globally from Hong Kong to Wall Street, constant industry is required of this hiring titan.
This socially responsible financial organization:
Actively promotes employees diversity
Partners with underserved communities to promote economic development
Continually adopts methods to reduce carbon footprint
Increases year-over-year philanthropic giving
Boasts long-term employee retention
Working here gets you in with a company that, in 2018, was recognized by Forbes as one of the best AI companies to work for. If social responsibility is a priority in your job consideration process, THIS is the company you want to be with. DiversityInc. lists them as a Top Company for Diversity, LGBT, Diversity Councils, and Veterans. In an ever-changing workplace landscape, this banking leader relies on steady innovation from it’s freelance partners to drive the conversation on adaptation and success in the digital economy. Be a part of something bigger!