Aquent IT Solutions – Where Vision Becomes Realty
This position requires onsite work in the Quad Cities area of Illinois. Relocation assistance, visa sponsorship and visa transfer available. Learn about our region here.
Aquent is seeking a Java Technical Lead to join a large team supporting a Fortune 100 client. We are seeking a candidate with 5+ years of experience in Java development familiar with Agile/Kanban and XP coding practices and prior integration experience. The successful candidate will also need to be familiar with interactive development and must have used Test Drive Development practices in the past.
What You’ll Do:
The problem solver with solid experience with Java technologies and proven expertise will:
- Lead the identification, analysis and selections of complex information technology and business practices to support strategic business process/plans
- Participate as required to design, develop, text and integrate applications of high complexity
- Lead the implementation of information technology and business process and maintain alignment with business plans of medium-high complexity and risk.
- Use strong project management skills to lead the development, project plan and schedule for a given function area.
- Communicate and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders across various departments and areas of operations.
- Participate in business strategy planning
The following skills and experience are required for success in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a global team environment
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Deep understanding of Java8 and J2EE technologies
- Experience with both agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with programming languages, design tools, source code control, testing tools, and monitoring tools
- Solid working experience with Spring Framework (Boot, MVC, Integration, Cloud, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Webservices / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) required.
- Ability to implement new Restful services and consume existing web services.
- Proven working experience with Unit test and Test-Driven development.
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
Why Aquent IT Solutions?
Aquent IT Solutions operates a mission-critical application development center and consulting firm headquartered in East Moline, IL in the Quad Cities. We offer challenging opportunities in front-end and back-end web application development, UX design, project management, business analysis, business intelligence, big data, and more. We have an engaging work environment, a diverse and comfortable community of affordable living, minimal commuting, quality education, and great entertainment. As a credit to our corporate culture, many Aquent IT Solutions employees are in their second decade of employment with our company.
If you’d like to be part of a growing organization and are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply.