Aquent IT Solutions: Where Vision Becomes Reality.
Aquent is seeking a Java Technical Lead to be part of a larger team for a Fortune 500 company.
We are seeking a candidate that has 5+ years of experience in Java development in the U.S., familiar with Agile/Kanban and XP coding practices, and have integration experience. The candidate will also need to be familiar with iterative development and must have used Test Driven Development practices.
What You'll Do
This position requires a problem-solver with solid experience in Java technologies, and proven expertise, including:
- Lead the identification, analysis and selection of complex information technology and business practices to support strategic business process/plans.
- Participates as required to design, develop, test and integrate applications of high complexity.
- Lead in the implementation of information technology and business processes of high complexity.
- Supports, evaluates, and continuously improves information technology and business processes to maintain alignment with business plans of medium-high complexity and medium-high risk.
- Leads the development and may manage a project plan and schedule for a given functional area.
- Acquires solid foundation of project management.
- Engages in expanded contact with varied and multiple departments and functional operations; actively participating in strategic business relationships and/or issues.
Experience with the following skills is required:
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment.
- 5 + years of Java development experience in the U.S.
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and J2EE technologies
- Experience with both agile and waterfall software development methodologies
- Experience in programming languages, design tools, source code control, testing tools, and monitoring tools
- Solid working experience with Spring Framework (Boot, MVC, Integration, Cloud, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Webservices / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) required. Able to implement new RESTful services and consume existing web services.
- Proven working experience with Unit test and Test-Driven Development.
- Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or a related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
Why Aquent IT Solutions
Aquent IT Solutions operates a mission-critical application development center and consulting firm headquartered in East Moline, IL in the Quad Cities (QC). We offer challenging opportunities in front-end and back-end web application development, UX design, project management, business analysis, business intelligence, big data, and more. We have an engaging work environment, a diverse and comfortable community of affordable living, minimal commuting, quality education, and great entertainment. As a credit to our philosophy, many Aquent IT Solutions employees are in their second decade of employment with our company.
If you share our Principles, want to be part of a growing organization and are looking for a unique opportunity, apply here.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org