Are you interested in the opportunity to work for one of the largest companies in the world alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry working to solve complex business challenges? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our rapidly growing team of UX professionals at our client, a Fortune 100 Energy Company in the Woodlands. If you want to design innovative UX solutions to challenging scientific problems in a collaborative environment, then here is your chance to join our client's corporate community of 75+ UX professionals. The Upstream UX team drives software designs used to make billion-dollar business decisions.
The UX/UI Designer will be an integral part of the UX team and will work closely with UX Researchers & Designers, as well as with Mobile and Web Developers in order to deliver superior applications for web, mobile and desktop applications. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating user-friendly and visually-captivating user experiences and has a great portfolio with recent mobile work to show.
• Must be strong in both Visual and Interaction Design (wireframing, prototyping and killer design chops!)
• Must have strong examples of typography, color theory, and mobile design in portfolio and have experience working with iOS platform
• Participate in and lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, white-board markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage
• Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, design patterns, components and templates across the company’s applications, insuring a consistent, appealing, intuitive user experience.
• As you move from concepts to more detailed designs, create low and high fidelity prototypes that allow you to collaborate and quickly iterate ideas with the project team and get designs in front of end-users for validation.
• Create final design documentation. At times Lean UX can be applied and at times you may need to be heavier on the documentation. Deliverables might include prototypes, wireframes, flow diagrams, constellation maps, detailed design specs, style guides.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• 5+ years of Visual Design/UI experience serving as a key member of the UX team through the product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web, mobile, kiosk or desktop applications.
• Experience working with cross functional teams within large, complex, corporate environment
• Ability and desire to adapt design tools and methodologies to a fit for purpose UCD approach to align with various development practices, project sizes and scopes, and UX maturity across organizations.
• A team player who wants to collaborate and share the white-board marker with non-designers
• Strong ability to communicate your design, defend your design decisions, and respond quickly to business needs
• Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change, high tolerance for ambiguity and self-motivated
• Advanced understanding of user-centered design methods and best practice
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience