- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Our leading Media and Entertainment client in Glendale, CA is seeking a Comic Book Layout artist to join their team. This is a 5-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
Oversee and create comic book layouts, inks and paints for various film and TV tie-in programs as well as franchise extensions.
- Must be capable to review and create comic book layouts, inks and paints for various film and TV tie-in programs as well as franchise extensions.
- Collaborate with staff artists and editors to ensure all aspects of title development are in sync.
- Manage and art direct outside freelance artists and revise commissioned work as needed to meet asset delivery requirements.
- Manage art asset delivery schedules and ensure that contract requests and invoicing are managed properly.
- Attend review meetings with internal staff and or film makers as necessary.
- Review and provide clear feedback on materials submitted by multiple licensee comic book partners, to ensure content is high quality and on brand.
- Significant expertise in digital illustration for comic books.
- Must have the ability to create illustrations in various styles.
- Must have the ability to manage outside freelance artists on various projects simultaneously.
- Basic graphic design skills with an understanding of comic lettering and typography.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to take feedback and direction.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in comics.
- Expertise in Photoshop is required.
- Proficient with Mac.
- Will need to send:
and a link to applicant’s online portfolio, must include comic book interiors.
Preferred Qualifications: Basic Knowledge of Manga comics is a plus.
Required Education: BA in Art or related
- Strong knowledge in other creative applications such as Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Word, and Excel.
- Role combines the artistic side with the project management side.
- Will receive much mentoring and guidance from the manager.
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.
If you fit the above requirements and are interested, please send your resume and portfolio to Jennifer Torrens at Jtorrens@aquent.com. Thank you in advance for your time!