- Cerritos, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Responsible for leading external communication projects for assigned region. Media planning and outreach to generate meaningful relationships with key local contacts and influencers in each market
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Researches associate communication needs and establishes goals and objectives for assigned region/location. Leads the effort in conjunction with senior management to build and implement communication plans for management meetings.
- Local and Community media engagement, media planning, pitching for broadcast and traditional media coverage
- Serves as a project lead for assigned area.
- Acts as editor for and publisher of online materials. Serves as account manager for specific business area.
- Provides research for key issues and develops talking points to support spokesperson.
Requires a BA/BS in communications, English or a related field required; 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Previous experience in health insurance or health care field preferred.
Education: BA/BS Degree or Equivalent Experience
Skills: Communication, writing skills including press materials, talking points, articles/blogs, organization, people skills, social media, creativity, positive attitude
General Business Skills
As a Fortune 50 company, our client has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including being distinguished as one of Working Mother magazine’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of Fortune magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" among health insurers. Our client is also a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
When joining a team at our client, you have the exceptional opportunity to do innovative work where every person counts and all perspectives matter.
What we have heard from talent who work there and why they love it:
- Opportunities to work with innovative digital solutions and initiatives
- A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- A strong probability for temp-to-perm conversion (1 in 3 of our talent convert!)
- Our client invests in their contractors and treats them like their own employees, setting them up for success from the start