- This is for a (6) month temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, sponsorship is not available
Large Media and Entertainment client in Hollywood, CA is seeking an individual with experience working for a Film Photo Deparment. Must have experience in photo editing, photo asset management & archiving, talent relations, and general project management.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to strategically plan and execute on multiple projects at once. You must be extremely well-organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, possess integrity, and be able to work autonomously.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day photography for multiple films and documentaries in various stages of production. This may include management of unit photography during production, as well as still photo management during post production and through release.
- Strategize on the best visual representation for a film for marketing, publicity and social needs. This may include reading of scripts, watching cuts of films.
- Supplement unit photography through pulling frames from films.
- Create and communicate workflow for managing, distributing, and gathering all assets.
- Edit high volume digital photography and maintain quality control. We’re often delivered more than 10K images and need to ensure that the key set represents the best content available.
- Work with talent representatives on talent approvals and oversee retouching and any comp work.
- Manage photo captions.
- Create multiple customized sets, contact sheets for various territories, and outlets.
- Calendarization of assets (managing embargoes, etc.)
- Manage photo requests with internal departments.
- Work with publicity department to service photos to press globally.
- Handle digital asset management and archiving including transferring, renaming, attaching metadata, adjusting, backing up, and uploading.
- Account for expenses associated with photography and evaluate costs.
- Work with show production on union and legal clearances.
- Strong eye for editing and selecting visual assets
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Lightroom or Bridge (or similar system)
- Basic retouching and color correction skills required; advanced skills are preferred
- Entertainment experience preferred
- Strong team player
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong contacts for supplemental retouching and color correction
- Experience working with international markets preferred
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess solid organization, effective time management, and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses, and embargos
- Understand the photography industry including photo production, retouching, and digital asset management and workflow
- Strong knowledge in digital file specs, size formats
- Creative - Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator - Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify, and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, Organized, and Detailed - Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A Smart Minimalist - Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace - Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
- An Adult - Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well-balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for the company.
** Looking for candidates who have run a photo department or were at least a Director level at a studio **
** Film experience preferred, but open to TV experience **
** LESS interested in people from editorial (magazines, websites, Getty Images, etc). **