Sr. Buying Director- Fashion Apparel
This is a Buying Director position based onsite in SF, 40 hours/week with a global apparel company. This is a 6 month postiion that could potentially extend!
Accountable for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies hit Divisional sales plans. Drive partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the client Online customer and business needs. Develop and communicate Divisional site merchandising strategies based on product and financial goals and marketing plans. Accountable for the skill development and career growth of team.
• Responsible for the development of seasonal financial targets by Division - to include sales, gross margin and inventory.
• Responsible for the reconciliation of Divisional top-down & bottoms-up sales and inventory plans.
• Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Sr. Director and cross-functional teams on a weekly basis; inclusive of pricing recommendations and strategies from team members that align with Divisional financial plans.
• Responsible for the ongoing assessment of sales and inventory plans/forecasts (inclusive of fashion and basics) from investment through in-season management (inclusive of monthly Open-to-Buy), including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes
• Responsible for the client Online exclusive business strategies by Division, including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
• Responsible for weekly site deliverables - promo outlook, site review, creative review, etc to ensure clarity on all execution by site merchandising; use reporting to understand customer’s preferences and make recommendations.
• Communicate job standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
Who you are
• Must have retail background with 8+ years experience, inclusive of inventory management/merchandising/buying; 3+ years experience managing others ideal.
• Highly developed understanding of e-commerce business drivers impacting top and bottom line, as well at the ability to interpret web analytics to implement/drive strategy.
• Team Leadership- has progressive experience leading cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a cross functional team.
• Change Leadership- experience leading through significant change & transformation to move a team forward in a financially responsible way.
• Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best in industry leaders and teams.
• Ability to formulate long term strategies and short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.