- Foster City,CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
Our TOP Financial services client is looking for a Senior UX Designer to be based out of their Foster City, CA office ( Conveniently connected shuttles, along the BART line).
The Senior User Experience professional with great research and design skills will be part of a project team which is working on an enterprise solution to improve a complex risk and procurement experience. This will be a year-long engagement where you will help a cross-functional team understand the goals and tasks of user groups, assist with user requirements, workflow mapping and information architecture, participate in solutioning (including build/buy decisions) and create mockups and/or prototypes of the solution that they ultimately go with.
- 7+ years of relevant experience required, with at least 2 years in an enterprise environment
- Preferred degree in interaction design or related field
Responsibility level :
- Exercises expert judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
Skills and Responsibilities :
- Able to liaise, think and work across multiple platforms within the company to drive building a best in class employee experience for risk assessment business requestor
- Ability to independently and rapidly conduct formative and evaluative user research in order to represent the voice of the employee customer to the team
- Ability to collaborate with the business analyst to gather business and user needs, and translate into user stories, flow diagrams and user experience requirements.
- Understands business goals and is able to balance this with user needs, challenging assumptions and making trade-offs when needed
- Ability to create excellent visual documentation including journey maps, navigation and screen flows, wireframes and low-mid fidelity prototypes.
- Understanding of design systems and how to leverage them.
- A natural leader who is comfortable working across functions to guide a team relatively new to UX on best practices and process, and drive UX priorities from best intentions into reality.
- Doesn’t get discouraged or overwhelmed by all the intersecting and parallel efforts; keeps headed towards True North while designing a best in class experience
- Ability to work with technology teams to ensure designs are implemented as specified.
- A big bonus if you have experience with vendor selection or build/buy decisions, as you will participate in the process to represent user experience
And on the more fun side….
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, bringing the whole technology team with them
- Keen reader of people, culture and tea leaves; builds relationships to make things happen
- Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic
- Communications super star with both technical and non-technical team members
Must have skills:
7+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer. Must have prior experience as a researcher / analyst (writing stories, confirming business requirements, working with dev teams). Must have some experience in a corporate/enterprise environment. Great communication skills.
Nice to have skills:
Service Design experience preferred but not required.
This Fortune 500 fintech pioneer headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area has been an industry disruptor since day-one. Whether introducing consumers to credit cards, it's gold-standard ecommerce solutions for businesses or biometric purchase authentication tools, this industrial giant defines bleeding-edge of finance technology. To keep pace with year-over-year growth, this industry leader is continually on the lookout for experts in design, technology, and operations. Special Bay Area benefits include commuter access to free luxury shuttle service.