- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Courtney Schaefer
This team creates experiences that empower people in the world to discover, go, and share, wherever they are. We’re home to some of the company's most beloved products!
Aquent's client, a Fortune 500 multi-national technology company in Mountain View, is seeking a talented visual designer for approx. 6 months or longer to join their team!
At this company, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space, and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful, accessible, and enriching our brand. As a Visual Designer on this team, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage, and excite them while helping to craft the overall experience. You will use your in-depth knowledge of layout, type, color, composition, and fundamental design philosophies to create beautifully crafted, data driven experiences through visual storytelling. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, hands-on perfectionist who enjoys the technical details of design and is able to effectively collaborate across multiple teams & projects.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful digital experiences across a range of platforms throughout the entire design process from concept to production.
- Create, optimize, and maintain design specifications, guidelines, and digital assets (such as SVG, PNGs, & PDFs) to effectively communicate our design language to other UX designers.
- Advise and collaborate with the Product Experience team to ensure their product concepts utilize our design language successfully.
- A degree in relevant field—Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, New Media. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in industry standard software such as Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Invision, and Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets).
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating breadth across various mediums of design: visual design, illustration, iconography, print, and digital interfaces.
- Experience designing for web and mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- 5+ years experience in visual design, UI design, interaction design, and/or product design.
- Experience creating icons & illustrations using an established visual language.
- Familiarity with accessibility design guidelines and internationalization.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Team player with refined and assertive leadership skills and ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: