The candidate will be responsible for highly complex software development activities including coding, managing small sections of ongoing projects and closely adhering to deadlines. Candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. Candidate will ensure relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
The Sr. Software UI Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The Sr. Software UI Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
What you’ll do
- Develop front-end/UI that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality and reduced time to market
- Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of client's customers, use quality management standards/metrics to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance
The candidate is primarily a hands-on engineer that leads by doing. The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
Support the development of standards by creating templates for ease of use and increase system productivity
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- 7+ years of experience in software systems, UI development and programing
- 4+ year experience with HTML, CSS2, CSS3
More about you
- Fundamentals in OO and computer science foundation principles.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, React JS, Angular JS or Python development.
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking and testing skills
Other ( a Plus)
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, Crucible and Electric Commander
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Experience with revision code source code repositories, in particular git and SVN
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter)
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Experience with FTL
- Experience working in an Agile/ Scrum team
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, SAML, and identity federation is a plus