About the opportunity
As the User Experience Designer, you’re a vital member of the digital marketing team. You’re skilled in the design of complex transactional web applications and marketing web sites. This is a fantastic opportunity to carry forward and extend the next-generation of pitneybowes.com marketing, account management and customer support experiences.
You’re a UX professional who thrives in a creative, collaborative design practice that links the product development, marketing and technology groups. You will drive the effective inclusion of “voice of customer” in early project definition; rapid iteration of design concepts; and the evaluation of proposed design solutions.
The User Experience Designer position is based in Stamford, CT.
• Drive ongoing development of the global UX vision, strategy and roadmap across multiple technology platforms, focusing on innovation and human-centered design.
• Translate client insights into actionable concepts that drive business results.
• Partner with other user experience practitioners, visual designers and user interface developers across the company to implement the practices and ensure visual, functional and conceptual consistency.
• Partner with project stakeholders to specify business requirements and customer value statements (user stories).
• Create UX deliverables appropriate to the project, including high & low fidelity prototypes, problem analysis, content strategies, user flows, and wireframes.
• Function within either agile or waterfall work streams, as needed.
• 8+ years of the following experiences: User Experience Design, Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design, or related fields in the creation of large-scale dynamic websites and designing and building innovative and attractive web-based applications.
• Demonstrable experience designing transactional interfaces across the customer lifecycle.
• Strong visual design background
• Deep knowledge of UX tools for documenting functionality.
• An online portfolio of recent work that demonstrates your creative and documentation practices.
• Proven conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail, and the ability to translate complex concepts into a clear visual representation.
• Experience conducting user-centered research such as card sorting, contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, and moderated usability testing to validate concepts/designs.
• Experience with prototyping tools.
• Familiarity with “Design Thinking” principals, to apply as needed per project.
• Advanced Degree in User Experience Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, related area of study or equivalent work experience.
• Employ a variety of available tools and methods to incorporate user-testing into the design process is a plus