In this role you will manage the creative strategy and concepting of global advertising campaigns for the brand. He/She will lead and ensure consistency in brand messaging across all platforms and touch points (in-store, events, digital). This role will lead new product launches messaging, collaborate on requests and integrate feedback from various departments including Product Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Product Development, Education, Online, Social, Digital and Visual Merchandising. It will also oversee senior and junior writers.
- With Design Creative Directors, manage the creative strategy and storytelling for new product launches and ongoing content production across all platforms to ensure consistency in brand messaging.
- Write and concept big ideas for all mediums, including mobile, social, product, film, interactive, content, activations, OOH, print, events, experiential etc.
- Responsible for many day-to-day decisions relating to copy consistency and expert quality control pertaining to the brand.
- Identify the conceptual and strategic directions of the projects he/she leads.
- Work with Product Marketing and Product Development to develop product names, positioning and key claims.
- Work with Education & Artistry to ensure consistency of brand messaging and tone in training materials.
- Work with Events to develop event hooks and create copy including banners, invitations and handouts.
- Work with Global Communications to ensure consistency of brand messaging, tone and product positioning. Work with International Marketing to customize programs and copy for regional relevance.
- Lead all copy for in-store visual merchandising including tester units and displays.
- Develop concepts, storyboards and scripts for brand videos. Primary Legal liaison responsible for vetting all copy for product claims and headline registrations.
- A passion for great copy in all its forms and the power that it has to inspire and delight. Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that requires agile thinking and problem-solving skills. Oversee, edit and groom junior writers and freelancers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of beauty/lifestyle/luxury marketplace is ideal.
- Experience in concepting campaigns, writing storyboards
- Experience writing about products, paying attention to tone, context and consistency.
- Highly collaborative and able to work across departments including creative department.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a high level of detail and incredibly tight deadlines.
- 8+ years of writing experience in building stories
- Experience leading highly creative work in beauty, editorial and/or advertising agencies
- BFA or BA in Journalism or Communications preferred.