Motion design tells a story, creates physicality through lifelike movement, and improves the user experience by making it more fun and understandable. Motion brings the soul to our world-class visual design language. As a Motion Designer in the Design Technology group you will help craft process, define strategy, curate, and ensure execution of micro-motion and dramatized animations for across our signature experiences.
Your work will influence motion application strategy to our experiences across web, and native platforms.
The ideal candidate should have strong motion graphics and editing experience, with a proven track record of execution.
- Knowledge of iOS/Android motion patterns and latest trends is a must
- You must have a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends.
- Evaluate current motion executions in product, and strategize a path forward towards excellence based on findings and current problems.
- Assist in formulating motion design strategy - balancing short & long term initiatives
- Maintains E2E perspective of all motion executions in product from micro-motion to dramatized animation.
- Partners with key stakeholders in visual, design technology, marketing, and product development to refine motion principles and execution strategies.
- Contributes to Design System motion strategy
- Defines process for evaluating motion requests from various touch-points throughout products within the company ecosystem.
• Experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field
• Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
• Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
• Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
• Expertise conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
• Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
• A dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
• Comfortable presenting/teaching in front of 10 people
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years professional experience as a UX motion designer / user experience.
- Expertise in both motion & visual design.
- Demo reel of previous motion design work being applied to product or web design is required
- Bachelor's degree in Arts, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, or related design discipline
- Having deep animation experience using of After Effects is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and have a good attitude in a collaborative setting.
- A positive attitude and a lack of ego
- Quick learning tendencies and a self-starter.
- Experience working in a large corporate setting
- Demo reel is required to be considered.