The Scrum Master will support and lead scrum teams in agile development and guide them towards product releases within set guidelines and serve as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team/program, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies and practices
Specific duties include:
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Scrum Master preferred
• 3+ years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
• Knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
• Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc