Seeking a Technical Writer / Editor to join one of our most innovative fintech client's digital product team, writing/editing procedural guides and instructions for an API developer portal.
In this role, you will partner with product and development teams to assess pain points, work closely with developers to glean technical information and communicate this complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. This role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews, developer-facing documents and procedures, or updating help center queries and FAQs, recommending the right voice and tone that is appropriate for developers.
- Experience in technical writing is required, for the team is building development portals (API Management space).
- The writers deliver documentation, guides, and other product deliveries for the portals.
- Strong communication / partnership skills with both tech and non technical team is essential
• Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
• Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
• Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
• Manage complex documentation projects.
• Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
What you'll need:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 4 years of relevant technical writing, product documentation, or releated experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
• Experience researching and writing documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment.
• Development background is a PLUS, but not required
• This is an on-site role in NYC, 40 hrs per week, hourly W2 thought Aquent (great subsidized benefits programs offered - med/vision/dental (Cigna) and 401K plan).
• Must be within a commutable distance to the NYC office to be considered.
• Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship (nor require sponsorship in the future).