Seeking a UX Content Strategist for one of our most innovative fintech client’s digital product team. The Strategist will need strong experience in creating content and content strategies for digital products, including conceptual overviews documents and procedures, or updating help center queries and FAQs, recommending the right voice and tone that is appropriate for developers.
This team supports an API developer portal product, working within the API Management space and partners closely with our stakeholders and other technical writers to deliver documentation, guides, and other product deliveries for the portals.
Opportunity: This starts out as an hourly W2 (full time hours) role with full med/dent/vision benefits and 401K available with potential to extend and/or convert to full time. The group sits in the Hudson Yards area in NYC. Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship to be considered. Must be within a commutable distance to the office in NYC.
What you’ll do:
• Partner closely with UX designers / Product / Developers; leads strategy on how to communicate procedural content to developers
• Lead conversations around voice & tone for documentation, guides, etc. for developer portal
• Create content strategies for projects and initiatives within your area of focus: documentation and guides for technical/developer portal; and and help define ongoing vision for content as a whole
• Create strong relationships with partners on the product and development sides, serve as an advocate for developers, remove roadblocks and help promote overall success
• Communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately
• Serve a key link between Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing Associates, Developer Advocates, as well as Developer Users, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the developer ecosystem.
What you’ll need:
• 6+ years of relevant work experience, including experience developing content strategies and researching & writing excellent documentation for developers, ex. APIs, SDKs, web technologies.
• Bring strong understanding of UX process
• An affinity for working with developers; understaind pain points, as well as how they think, work
• Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.