- Mason, OH or Indianapolis, IN
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Christina Clark
Seeking a part time Proofreader for (20 hours per week max) for our healthcare client in either Indianapolis or Mason. The work can be done remotely but every candidate must be local to one of these locations.
Responsible for providing proofreading support to the Marketing Communications (Marcom) team. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to: Ensures accuracy of materials produced by Marcom, and compliance with Corporate, Brand, Legal and Plain Language guidelines. Proofreads high-profile digital design and email projects. Maintains strict adherence to marketing/production deadlines and provides final sign-off on projects at file release stage to ensure accuracy. Email proofing frequently requires looking at three documents in order to determine if the intended variable data in the email is correct. Requires a BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field; 2 years of professional proofreading experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in health insurance or managed care preferred. Strong written communication skills and a solid command of the English language. Working knowledge Marketing Related Email Campaigns.
• Proof large email campaigns looking for grammar or spelling issues.
• Compare email variables that direct content changes in email.
• Compile defect log using plain language and screens shots of emails
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of Spelling and Grammar rules
• Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge
• Understanding of email structure (i.e., preheaders, images, tables)
As a Fortune 50 company, our client has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including being distinguished as one of Working Mother magazine’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of Fortune magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" among health insurers. Our client is also a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
When joining a team at our client, you have the exceptional opportunity to do innovative work where every person counts and all perspectives matter.
What we have heard from talent who work there and why they love it:
- Opportunities to work with innovative digital solutions and initiatives
- A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- A strong probability for temp-to-perm conversion (1 in 3 of our talent convert!)
- Our client invests in their contractors and treats them like their own employees, setting them up for success from the start