Our client is seeking an Information Architect to work within our Digital Experience Center to enhance findability and overall user experience throughout our web and mobile channels.
• Define website and app navigation and key user flows.
• Collaborate with content strategy to define content groupings.
• Partner with specialists to define and enhance metadata, search, and personalization.
• Define research requirements to support IA activities and partner with the User Research team to carry out studies that generate the needed data.
• Create key deliverables such as sitemaps, user flows, and navigation wireframes to communicate and document the IA.
• Collaborate with other UX team members, product managers, and developers to meet the needs of our client consumers and internal stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in information science, psychology, HCI, interaction design, or related field (or equivalent experience).
• Experience defining website and/or application structure, navigation, and user flows.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with requirements analysis and user research methods.
• Master’s degree in information science, psychology, HCI, interaction design, or related field (or equivalent experience).
• Healthcare or financial services industry experience.
• Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile apps.
• Experience with interaction design.
• Experience working in a large enterprise or similarly complex environment.
• Skilled with conceptual sketching and workshop facilitation.
Designs the flow of the user experience for websites. strong background in Information Architecture, Interaction Design, User Interface Design, User Research, and Usability Engineering and knows how to align business strategies and requirements with established industry standards and methodologies. The User Experience Designer will be responsible for information architecture, wireframe design, applying patterns to new features and involvement in user research efforts. Must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. Develop effective interactive design solutions that meet business, project, and design goals, based on standards and guidelines. Collaborate with colleagues in other functional groups (e.g., Creative, Technology, Product Management, Marketing and Production) to deliver on website and feature development and ongoing enhancements. Create IA and user experience documentation and contribute to the development of processes and best practices. Required years of experience: 5-10