Common deliverables are illustrations, infographics, videos, printed materials, emails, and presentations. Executing these items at scale can also require creating communication systems that could take the shape of website and templates.
As a Communication Designer on the User Experience team, you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as program updates, user research findings, insights, and data and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable messages aimed at audiences ranging from the global UX team to executives.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Partner with user experience researchers & cross-functional partners to create data visualizations, provide visual storytelling support, and craft communication materials (such as presentations, documents, websites, decks) that disseminate key research findings
- Provide design vision, art direction, and lead the team to produce the necessary materials, such as event branding, booth design, swag, posters, and etc for internal and external events.
- Recommend & implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating research findings to our stakeholders.
- A degree in relevant field—Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, New Media.
- In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in industry standard software such as Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Excellent written and visual communication skills in English.
- Samples must be submitted in PDF or Website format. An impressive portfolio of online work that includes a breadth of work & styles for information visualizations, illustrations, iconography, print, & visual design.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information.
- 5+ years experience in visual design, UI design, or product design with ability to adapt stylistic range to different brands
- Experience with using & editing video for advertising, marketing, or propaganda.
- Interest in or experience with exhibition & kiosk design.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Great at storytelling and turning insights into sticky headlines.