This client is democratizing startup success, and making startup thought-leadership universally accessible and useful. To facilitate this, we need to build social media and content structure that will allow us to grow, project, and maintain a consistent voice to our community.
As the Social Media and Content Strategist, you will be responsible for driving innovative community and social strategies and programs the global startup ecosystem. A startup guru, you have detailed knowledge of our startup programs. You understand that social media is a two-way street, ensuring that feedback from our community flows back to our team, so that we can constantly evolve based on their needs.
You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop community messaging that help build the brand and inspire global entrepreneurs to get the most out of the company's technology and startup expertise. Your role is to guide strategy to develop innovative social content, set standards, and track the success of our social engagement across our global team.
- Work with the marketing team to consolidate all startup educational content and story collection processes into a year-long content calendar
- Ensure social media content projects are prioritized in line with key metrics and goals
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video and HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set-up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Work closely with other social media and content owners across the startup, product, and marketing teams to implement a robust distribution and content sharing plan
- Proven experience (3+ years) owning and executing a multifaceted social media and content plan for startup communities or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicate clearly, and effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses, leadership, and teams
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to influence people and get results without having direct authority
- Capability to think strategically, balancing a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions
- Strong attention to detail balanced by the ability to envision and communicate the “big picture”
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent practical experience, in Marketing, Advertising or Business.
- Experience in project management for complex and fast moving projects with multiple stakeholders