This global coffee company based in Seattle is looking for a driven UX Designer to refine this brands simplicity and apply it to new, amazing, and appealing user experiences. We have a few projects in the pipeline, and we are tacklingtheir entire experience across web, client, and mobile. There are countless UX challenges and we feel like we are in a unique position to change the way our store employees interact with digital. This person will be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills in user experience to build great products. Our Seattle office is filled with the tools you need, and we’re looking for you to join an awesome and delightful team.
• This is the innovative, Research & Design team that believes in digging deeper to figure out how technology should work for our retail partners (employees).
• They’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join their team and likes to work in all facets of human centered design.
• They are a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by an iterative process.
• They combine research, data, and thoughtful critique, discovering the needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for thousands of store partners.
• Potential for flexibility as the project has a longer roadmap
• This CW will help the team support the #1 used digital product in stores today, it is getting a refresh for the iPad
• The CW will be helping with UX design aspects of this project
• Working with some senior leadership potentially
• This CW will partner with other designers to elevate the group
• Demonstrates a deep expertise and passion for the many facets of human-centered design and user experience spanning UX strategy, interactive design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design, and motion design.
• Collaborates with product management to define features and how they map to customer and business need.
• This CW will look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
• This CW will also be actively involved in defining product strategy
• Works closely with the scrum team to drive design to fruition
• Prioritizes own work and contributes to the prioritization of team’s work and projects.
• Contributes to building and maintaining a strong team-oriented environment
• Remains informed and brings latest digital trends and process methodologies across web and mobile
• Ability to provide level of effort intakes for new products, projects, or ad hoc requests
• 5+ years professional experience creating and walking stakeholders through user journeys, wires, prototypes, usability studies, and other design deliverables.
• An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
• CW must be a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make this brands experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
• Must understand the technical limitations and liberties behind decisions and have enough chops to communicate ideas to engineers and the rest of the team.
• Experience designing for the web and native iOS and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
• Thinking in terms of human centered design and making rational design decisions.
• Constantly pushing limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
• You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in User Experience.
o Proficient using project tracking systems (i.e. JIRA)
o must be able to deliver on deadlines
o Have conducted usability studies
o Ability to learn from critique, apply feedback and be able to critique other products
o Impeccable written and verbal communication
o team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
Nice to have:
o experience with usability studies
o Experience REACT or Native (highly desirable)
o Ability to design for iOS, Web (highly desirable)
o SCRUM experience or at least familiar with the Agile process
o open to collaboration and feedback/ constructive criticism
o able to work well in a team environment
o product design experience
o familiarity with software development
TOP 3 MUST HAVE HARD SKILLS:
1 5+ years of UI/ UX experience (this should be #1, must have the ability to lead the project/ mentor a junior designer)