Sr. Designer, Global Package and Industrial Design - Global Beauty brand
This is a long term ongoing freelance position based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week.
Skincare department—strong graphic design skill with stellar vector graphic skill. Beauty background is appreciated but not necessary.
The Senior Designer will collaborate with the Director of Global Package Design in the design, support and execution of all packaged goods such as primary (bottles, compacts, tubes) and secondary packaging (cartons, samples, pouches) for product categories including Makeup, Skin Care, Sun & Body and beauty For Men. Responsibilities include driving innovation while maintaining the quality and integrity of the beauty brand.
- Assist in development of concepts, present design proposals and execute final artwork for all Makeup and
Skin Care products and packaging.
- Partner with Product Development on solutions that impact the total user experience and product application.
- Participate in development sessions with internal marketing department to discuss objectives and strategies of upcoming product launches. Attend meetings and other relevant discussions as necessary to gain approval and alignment from senior management.
- Work closely with Corporate Package Development and Engineering staff to resolve issues of function, performance, manufacturability, color, finish and material while staying within the target cost objective and timing requirements.
- Direct in-house design and production staff as well as outside vendors as needed in order to execute projects.
- Responsible for overseeing all phases of projects in order to meet deadlines.
- A commitment to excellence and the highest standards of quality and a strong design sensibility required as well as a strong eye for detail.
- Collaborate with Director on overseeing all retouching visuals.
- Prepare presentation materials and models for internal meetings.
- Bachelor of Industrial Design (or equivalent) degree is preferred (but open to Graphic Design degree) plus 4+ years design experience including innovative packaging/product design, conceptualization, art direction, production and computer skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner with other team members driving successful results.
- Must work well under pressure with tight deadlines and balance priorities with minimum supervision.
- Position requires strong presentation skills, ability to organize, prioritize.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be an organized team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess high quality standards.