This opportunity is an on-going, 40 hour a week Instructional Design Manager at a leading Fortune 500 organization in downtown San Francisco! It is an 18-month contract with the potential to convert before or at the 18-month mark.
The investment in training and education for our employees is unparalleled in the retail industry—both in product knowledge and in career development. Our education department is integral to the success of the company because we strongly believe that investing in our employees as beauty experts is what sets us apart. From product 101 to application techniques to artistry and trend, the education department drives the training strategy and provides the tools for our store employees to be the most knowledgeable in the industry.
The Manager, Instructional Design is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning experiences to support the overall store curriculum and client experience. This includes managing a team of Instructional Designers as well as working collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts and Creative Production teams to create blended learning solutions.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of advanced instructional design and people management skills and is passionate about building best in class learning.
You will also:
- Manage, lead, coach and develop Instructional Designers, providing guidance on prioritizing and performance
- Design and develop scalable blended instructor-led and digital learning curriculums, job aids, assessment tools, and facilitator guides that leverage adult learning best practices to maximize learner retention
- Coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of training development including project scoping, storyboarding,
building and revising training based on SME input
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners, identify SME needs, and streamline multiple content sources for cohesive storytelling and optimal learner retention
- Ensure training content adheres to overall Education and strategy, as well as technical specifications and brand guidelines
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on development trends/training tools and continuously explore new and innovative methodologies
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders proposing innovative learning solutions to support organization needs and advocate for the learner experience
- Serve as a consultant and initial signoff, providing feedback to team members on existing or newly created content
- Partner with Creative Production Team (graphic designers, eLearning developers, copywriter, multimedia producer etc.) to support training development, as needed
- Demonstrate our values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years and instructional design experience focused on instructor-led, digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive pdfs etc.) and blended learning
- 7+ years people management experience, ability to develop and lead teams
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced Instructional Design methodologies; experience in curriculum development for retail, beauty or corporate environments preferred
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Advanced process improvement and critical thinking skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Excel in managing ambiguity in a fast-paced changing environment; ability to work proactively with various levels within the Education department
- Proficient in various eLearning tools (Articulate 360, Captivate 2017, Camtasia etc), Responsive Design, Audio editing program (i.e. Audacity), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone) a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Create Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations,
animation/motion graphics preferred
- Ability to travel as needed