- Santa Clara, CA
- Job Terms:
- $60 - $65/hr
- This is for a (5) month temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Must have digital portfolio on resume to be considered
- Must include details of your processes
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, Sponsorship is not available
Our Fortune 500 Online Retail Client is looking for a visually-focused UX Designer in Santa Clara, CA to help them build experiences that help people better organize their lives and make time for the things that are truly important to them. Their mission is to push the envelope for smart assistants, and they need your help to translate that experience to screens, televisions, phones, and other visual touchpoints.
As a UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive the end-to-end design of many customer-facing interfaces. You’ll work on varied and cutting-edge hardware, envisioning new ways to extend capability to clarity to busy lives. While you may employ voice design and conduct research, primarily you'll be driving the visual and interaction ends, partnering with voice designers and researchers to bring a complete experience to fruition.
You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into visually-engaging, simple customer-focused solutions. And most importantly, you must excel at conceptualizing visual experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Produce visual user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
- Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
- Speak authoritatively on interaction design concepts in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- 7+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/visual designer/user experience designer
- Experience building visual interfaces
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- UX design experience, including data-driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Professional portfolio of visual and interaction design
- Skill in graphic design and typography
- Experience presenting to and advising senior management
- Fluency in written English
- Degree in Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
- Ability to prototype visual and voice user experiences with readily available tools
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship in past projects
- Ability to write tools to determine patterns in usage data
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Experience designing mobile, web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
If interested in being considered and would like more information, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.
Our client is world-renowned e-commerce and cloud computing company considered by many to be the world’s most customer-centric organization. Based in Seattle, our client is known for having small, agile, and innovative teams made up of members who think big, are always curious, and have a strong bias for action, and high standards.
They are an equal opportunity employer that prioritizes diversity, and equality, and encourages all employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work each and every day. Their top priority is understanding how their customer is evolving and they remain diligent in providing convenience, affordable products, and unrivaled customer service.
Many offices are located in the heart of Downtown Seattle/South Lake Union and are well-known for being dog-friendly!